Friday, February 10, 2012

I just might be addicted to Pinterest!

If you haven't heard of Pinterest, well you are just missing out! It's an online pinboard where you can "pin" anything on the web to "boards". But just a warning, once you start "pinning", it will be hard to stop! I'm pretty much addicted, and the way I justify my addiction is I make sure I actually create/make/bake the things I pin. If all I did was pin away and not make anything, it would be a big waste of my time. Here are few things I've created/made/baked from the goodness I found on Pinterest.

My first attempt at a yarn wreath - I bought foam pipe at Lowe's for $1.50 (long enough to cut in half to make 2 wreaths), taped it together and then wrapped it in yarn. Then I made some t-shirt roses out of 3 shirts that were in my fabric stash. And voila a cute new wreath for our front door. I found the tip about the foam pipe, yarn wreath and t-shirt roses tutorial all on Pinterest.

Here is a pic of Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread that I baked. This bread was so, so good - it didn't even last 24 hours in our house! I've started planning our weekly menus from all the recipes I've found on Pinterest. Most have been really good, and it's fun to try new recipes (the picky kids might disagree).

I saw this family "dates" poster and I told Chris he HAD to make one for us. I finally got around to printing it and just got it today. Can't wait to frame it and hang it up in our house. It has all of our b-day's and then our Anniversary is the yellow date.

And last but not least, I found this CUTE idea for Valentines for the kids. We took their pictures outside and then printed them all in the same day. I sliced a cut right above and right below their fists and slid the sucker through. They were fun to make and the kids just thought they were oh so cool.

As you can tell, I've been a little busy creating/making/baking and I'm having so much fun doing it. You can follow me here, if you don't already! :)

1 comment:

Joel Stottlemire said...

Those valentine's day cards are a great idea! Very crafty. Thanks for sharing.

Joel
http://hongkonghonky.blogspot.com/