Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I HEART Babywearing

While pregnant with Lukas I heard and read a lot about babywearing. Since we didn't want to lug around an infant carrier carseat (we went with a convertable) I knew I wanted to try this babywearing thing out. Green Bambino hosted a Babywearing Class where I learned about the different kinds they carry as well as some practice time to try on the carriers. There are so many wraps/slings/carriers out there that I was a bit overwhelmed, but a few that I knew I wanted to try out.

A friend and I bought fabric to make our own Moby Wrap. We purchased 5 1/2 hards of jersey knit and then cut the fabric in half length-wise to make them, if you are taller than 5'4" you should probably go with 6+ yards. I watched video instructions on the Moby website and tried it out while my mom was still visiting, it looks pretty intimidating at first, but is really easy to use/put on the more you use it.

We walked our first 5K during LifeChurch's family reunion, Lukas was 4 weeks old!

At his first OKC Thunder game - slept through the whole thing!
The next carrier I got was a Hotslings, purchased from Green Bambino and the best part - I got it on sale!
First time in the Hotslings!



Gavyn wanted a carrier for her baby, so I grabbed some fabric I had laying around and sewed one for her! You can't tell me that's not the cutest thing ever!
The last carrier I have tried out is a Mei Tai, that my mom helped me make. I found the instructions here. I wanted to make it with the interchangeable panels, but we were at my mom's house and she didn't have any velcro. But that's okay, cause I love how it turned out and I can always make another one with the panels.
Fussy baby+stick him in a carrier=calm and to lala land he goes

At Target on a girls date with Gavyn!
If you can't tell already - I am in LOVE with babywearing. So wish I had done the babywearing thing with Mikah and Gavyn, but thankful that I get to with Lukas. I have a list of carriers I still want to try out, like a Ring Sling, and an ErgoBaby. You can bet that I will be saving my money/looking out for sales!!!

3 comments:

capturedbycheryl.com said...

Sweet....I just went and got the instructions for my mobi and hotstling....gonna put them in the diaper bag. I'm going to the Affair fo the Heart tomorrow so we will see how it goes :-) I just want a really good excuse to hold Addalynne all day :-)

The Branson Family said...

Did you use the moby or hotslings? Don't you just love holding them close?

not2complain said...

what a cute little family and cute blog!