Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grandpa's Birthday and Family Reunion 2010

Last week we were in TX to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday and have a family reunion of sorts. We didn't get to see everyone, but it was fun seeing my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids who were able to come! My parents had a housefull as there was 14 people staying in their house, so glad they had enough room for all of us.
I got to meet my new nephew Titus! Jackie (my oldest sister) and I fought over him the WHOLE week, cause you know one of us has to be the Favorite Aunt (and I'm pretty sure it's me). :) This is one of my favorite pics of him, I just love the face he is making - too cute!

This is our family overtaking the Prairie House Restaurant in Roanoke, TX. It was pretty loud with all of us in there and there was 11 kids alltogether.


Grandpa holding his newest great-grandchild.

Jackie planned some great water balloon games, we played Dodge Waterball, Wallyball (Volleyball - we used towels to get the waterballons over the net), Baseball (each person got 2 hits each and you got a point if you hit the ball). Then a huge water ballon fight. I participated in all but the water ballon fight, had to save Lukas from being pummeled!


Afterwards we had cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday to Mikah since his b-day is on the 11th and all the family was together. Gavyn enjoyed the icing, of course!
Birthday boy opening presents.


We spent some time at the Observation area at the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport to watch the planes land and take off. The kids enjoyed climbing on the statues as you can see.


Fuch's, Branson, and Delgado kids with Great-Grandpa.


Flying like airplanes, kind of....

We had a great time with the family and enjoyed a day at Schiltterbahn in New Braunfels and also Sea World in San Antonio as well. It was a very fun and yet tiring week. On the way home, Mikah and Gavyn asked why their cousins had to go back home and were asking when we would see them again. Just might have to make a trip out to UT sometime soon!

1 comment:

The Donely's... said...

wish we could have been there. Looks like fun. Happy bday Mikah!