Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mikah's Thunder Pillow

I saw Thunder fabric at Hobby Lobby a couple of months ago and told Mikah that I would make him an OKC Thunder pillow someday. I pretty much forgot I said anything about it, but my sweet 5 year old did not forget. He kept asking me, "When are you going to make my Thunder pillow?" Since my mom was in town this past Sunday, I was able to ask her the best way to turn this yellow pillow:
into this:
Thanks mom for your help - it took me all of 15-20 minutes to make this pillow! I pulled the stitches out of the yellow pillow to take it apart and use that for my pattern. Basically I just had to sew three sides together, stuff with the stuffing from yellow pillow and then handsew the pillow closed. Mikah absolutely loves it and sleeps with it EVERY night!