Thursday, July 9, 2009

Isaiah

Last year on this day, I was delivering Isaiah at 20 weeks. I think about it and still am amazed that I was able to survive the situation. I still get upset/sad/mad at times, but this morning as I was driving to work, crying I prayed "Thank you that I was able to “know” Isaiah as much as I did. I could have miscarried earlier and not ever have been able to feel him move or kick inside me. To me that's the best part of being pregnant is feeling the baby move around. I look back and unfortunately feel like I didn’t marvel at them like I should have, was too busy with life and work. And I'm so thankful that I got to hold him in my arms and that Chris got to hold him, my mom and in-laws. He was perfect in everyway, had all of his fingers and toes, arms and legs, fully formed little baby. To see firsthand the miracle that babies are leaves me speechless and I will never forget. He was one loved little boy that never took a breathe here on earth. But in Heaven he is complete and whole and in Jesus' arms." That is what I hold onto that I will one day hold him again. I have a reminder of that on my foot and everytime I look at my tattoo, that's what I think of. I know when I get pregnant again, I will treasure every moment, movement, hiccup and God-willing a full term baby. Please pray for us as we are hoping/praying that God would bless us with more kids and soon! :)

6 comments:

Breanne said...

Crying again...
Love you guys!

Abbi said...

I think of you and this day often. My heart just sank when I read the news. I'll continue praying for you. Your kids are so stinkin' cute...you should definitely be blessed with more of 'em! :)

John Blanchard said...

No words can describe what I would say on this day, one year later. Just know that we love you guys!!

The Donely's... said...

Oh my gosh, well written. I got a lot from that...I will also really treasure being pregnant again. Love you. Praying for you.

The Fox Den said...

I was thinking and praying for you a lot yesterday. Looking forward to holding my perfect little nephew in the future. You are a joy!

Jean said...

You make Mom and Dad proud! We love you!