Friday, March 13, 2009

California (part 2)

John and Breanne meet us at the airport, I started crying as soon as I saw them walking towards us. It was so good to see them in person and hug their necks, we said goodbye to them last July when they moved back to CA. I can't believe Breanne was able to keep the secret but she did, we mainly texted back and forth for a few weeks prior (which was weird since we talked on the phone quite a bit), and I found out she was scared she would accidentally tell me something if we were talking on the phone. Makes total sense now! :)

We got our suitcase and headed to their car, where I got to open my b-day present from them. They got me a giftcard to Sephora (so excited and already knew what I was going to purchase) and then underneath the giftcard was two tickets to none other than DISNEYLAND (surprise #2), because where else do you go for your birthday when they are letting you in for FREE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! So we decided to get something to eat and head to the Happiest Place on Earth. Of course we stopped at In-n-Out, we are big fans and are sad there isn't any here in OK or anywhere close for that matter!




Here's me wearing my "Happy Birthday Lisa" button, it's really strange when complete strangers (Disney Cast Members and other guest) say Happy Birthday to you at first, but by the end of the day it's not a big deal at all, you get used to it. Chris, John and Breanne all had buttons on that said "We are Celebrating" It was so fun!


We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for my birthday dinner. OH MY WORD I had the best steak of my life! It was so good, everything from the salad, to the mashed potatoes, to the FREE birthday Cheesecake (they put sour cream on the top and man oh man was it DELICIOUS).



Okay so here is surprise #3! Chris made reservations for us to stay at the DisneyLand Hotel, with an amazing view of Downtown Disney! I could have bursted I was so filled with happiness.

Day 2 was at Disney's California Adventure where we found Sorcerer Mickey, and somehow this was the only picture of the 4 of us we took, yes, lame, I know. At least we got one! Chris and I realized when we got home that we (or rather he since he is the picture taker) barely even pulled out the camera! The best ride there was the new Toy Story Mania, so so fun!

After 2 days of playing at DisneyLand we headed for some dinner to Pink's in Hollywood. Chris likes to watch the Travel Channel when we travel (we only have basic cable at home) and gets all sorts of ideas of places to go eat. Well we saw Pink's on a show about the History of Hot Dogs or something like that and have wanted to go ever since. The line was long, which helped us decide what to get because who knew there were so many different ways to dress a hot dog! Chris and John got the Bacon Chili Cheese Dog, for Breanne a plain hot dog (I know, right? Who gets a plain hot dog at Pink's? JK) and I got the Nacho Cheese Chili Dog. The hot dogs were okay, nothing too exciting. But fun to eat there since it's famous and all and famous people eat there!

After Pink's we headed to John and Breanne's apartment and Malachi, their 18 month old son entertained us. He would fall of his 4-wheeler, say uh-oh, laugh and then roll over and over across the floor. He is pretty darn cute!



To be continued again...

Santa Barbara day is next and the surprise that was actually an unplanned surprise! :)

2 comments:

Bre said...

I don't know if I'm crying cuz I miss you guys so much or cuz of that awful pic (and only pic) of me with Mickey! ;)

The Branson Family said...

It's for sure because you miss us so much! :)