Friday, March 13, 2009

30th Birthday Celebration

So my WONDERFUL husband planned a HUGE surprise for my 30th birthday. I knew he had something up his sleeve, but I never imagined what he was up to! Come to find out he had been saving for months and also our families chipped in for the surprise too!

On the Wednesday night before my birthday (Feb. 26th) I got home from working at HHBC and he had some candles lit, sparkling Pear Juice and OH MY WORD Godiva Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I loved it and was a happy woman with just that, but OH MY WORD there's so much more!

Chris was standing outside our bedroom in the hallway, staring at me. Totally weirded me out, but I asked if he wanted me to come over there. He said yes and so I walked towards our room and when I walked into the room, there was our suitcase on the bed. Chris said, "Pack for the next 4 days, here is the weather forcast". "WHAT?!?" Did I just hear that? "Where are we going?" "What about the kids?" He said, "The kids are at my parents, everything's taken care of".

The only thing he would tell me was that we had to leave the house at 5:30 AM as in 5:30 in the MORNING! So we packed our suitcase, now the weather forcast he printed out had the weather in the 70's, which was the weather in OK, so I was all confused and jokingly said, "Are we going to Dallas (only other place I knew of that would have similar weather to us)?" We had always talked about heading to Dallas for a weekend getaway, so I just figured we were going there.

So at 4:30 am on my birthday I got out of bed and got ready for the best weekend of my life! We got to the airport, Chris made me sit on a bench while he checked our bag (which we paid $15.00 for - can you say RIDICULOUS?) and got our boarding passes. As we walked to security, he said, "Do you want to know where we are going?" Of course, I said, "YES!" and he handed me my boarding pass. And guess where it said we were going? Dallas/Ft. Worth! I asked if there was a connecting flight from there and he said, "You will have to wait and see." I kind of knew that there had to be a connecting flight, cause I doubted that we would fly to Dallas when we are only 3 hours away if driving.

On the plane towards the end of our flight the attendant, hostess (whatever they are called now) was announcing the connecting gates. The only gate I heard that I thought could be our destination was Las Vegas. So I was kind of thinking that might be it. We got off the plane and headed to our gate. When we walked up to our gate I saw the words, Ontario, CA! WHAT? I turned to Chris and said, "Are we going to CA?" He said, "Yes" and then I said as I start crying, "You are taking me to see John and Breanne?"

OH. MY. WORD!!! I can't tell you how excited and happy and ecstatic I was. My husband scored some major points with this surprise! Chris said this was one of many surprises that awaited me on my Birthday Celebration Weekend.

To be continued (only because this is already an extremely long post and my fingers are getting tired of typing!)

3 comments:

John Blanchard said...

Your 30th birthday celebration was pretty much the only fun we've had since we moved back to CA! I'm really glad no one blew the surprise...

Bre said...

John is right...it sucks that it had to end! Miss you guys like crazy!

The Fox Den said...

I'm glad it was WONDERFUL! Definately a priceless b-day/vaca. Love you!