Friday, January 25, 2008

Puppets Anyone...

Chris and I work together at HHBC in their childcare on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Chris volunteered to pick out the craft last Wednesday night, he came back with all the fun materials to make hand puppets: brown paper bags, eye stickers, yarn, and pom-poms. We ended up with 10 very active two-three year olds that night, we normally only have about 6-7. While the kids were playing, Chris started working on a puppet. I thought, "Oh he is making a sample one, that's good." Well it was time for the kids to start cleaning up so I could read them the story of Zaccheus and then it was time to color the picture of Zaccheus climbing a tree to see Jesus. I look over and Chris is still at the counter working on the puppet, so I decide to check out this puppet that he is giving all this time too. Well what do you know, he was making a puppet of himself! He did take a break to help half of the kids make their puppets, they got to stick on the eyes, glue on the nose and color the bag, we ran out of time to glue yarn (hair) onto all of the kids puppets. While the kids went back to playing, Chris started on another puppet, I thought, "Oh no, he is making me!" And I was right. So here is the picture for everyone's enjoyment of Chris' artistic puppets....

And of course he added the Heart Support and Toms Shoes logos once we got home to properly represent!!! I'm thinking he did a pretty good job, they kind of look like us! :)

4 comments:

The Fox Den said...

Fun! I love it!!

John Blanchard said...

You should have taken a picture with Chris's paper bag mouth open so we could see his teeth.

Jean DeLisle said...

Cute and clever! You should now make one for the kids for a family pic. Love, Mom

The Donely's... said...

Nice!